There are three (3) levels of Board Certification within the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist (BCH)
Board Certified Fellow (FNGH)
Board Certified Diplomate (DNGH)
Their requirements and pre-requisites are listed below.
• Must be an active member of the NGH at the certified Consulting Hypnotist level for one (1) year.
• Must write a minimum 1000 word hypnosis paper suitable for publication in the Journal of Hypnotism or Hypno-Gram. (non-metaphysical)
• Must be in active practice or using hypnosis as an adjunct to another profession for a minimum of one (1) year.
• Must be of good moral/ethical character, with no criminal record, and meet the educational standards of the NGH.
• Must pass two (2) written examinations.
• Must complete an oral interview given by the Certification Board of the NGH and submit examples of your advertising/web page.
• Must submit two (2) non-family written character references.
• Must meet and maintain the National Guild Standard of Practice as dictated by the NGH Code of Ethics.
• Must submit the application fee for Board Certification before sitting the exams.
A $25.00USD non-refundable application filing fee is required PLUS the actual examination fee of $250.00USD = $275.00USD Total.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION
OTHER INFORMATION YOU NEED
2019 EXAMINATION DATES
Sunday, August 11th, 2019
at the NGH 2019 Annual Convention,
Exhibition and Educational Conference
at the Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
• Must be a certified Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist (BCH) for three (3) years.
• Must be in active practice for three (3) years.
• Must be an active member of the NGH for four (4) years.
• Must be published in one or more of the following: book, video, newspaper, magazine, or other media approved by the Board.
• Must write a minimum 5000-word thesis on a clinical hypnosis subject suitable for publication in the Journal of Hypnotism or Hypno-Gram.
• Must submit a video conducting an hypnosis session (clinical, not metaphysical.)
The Diplomate designation is conferred by the NGH Certification Board members on the basis of an individual’s longevity in the profession, contributions and service to the profession, and excellence as a professional hypnotist.
All candidates are submitted by the Board members only, and are confirmed by a majority vote of the Board.